So how should I go about managing my energy (will get to all that "design your ideal life stuff" later). A few things I am sure will work…
– I never eat breakfast. This is just plain silly. How about a V8 or a yogurt? Easy enough.
– Eat more often throughout the day (for anyone who knows me, they may secretly say I am just looking for more excuses to eat with reckless abandon! even if that is true, I am sure I will be all the more chipper for it).
– Calm the mind. at least 2 times a day take 5 to 10 minutes to come back to that old thing we take for granted…breathing. Focus on that and nothing else.
– Physical exercise, running, pilates, yoga, weight lifting at least 4 – 5 times a week. Absolutely necessary.
– Seek out non-work related stuff – read a New Yorker article (yes, from start to finish!), go to a museum, take a class, fingerpaint. Something that requires use of a different part of the brain. At least twice a week.
I am sure there is more to do on this. But this is a good start…if I could only find the time…