Woke up this morning in a raw panic. You’ve gotta love that on a Saturday. My mind went something like this:
- All of our stuff is in storage. Only planned for a month of storage. Need to extend.
- Is our stuff covered by insurance? Need to call insurance.
- Why are the cats being so damn loud? Need to get Stella to the vet. Cats should not have perpetual allergy symptoms.
- Been away last four weekends…going away perhaps next five. Is that possible?
- No idea when we are going to close on our apartment. Need to razz the seller.
- Have to be out of temporary living situation by November. Where will we go then?
- Have not done 2006 taxes…waiting for a K1….will I get or owe? Need to call accountant.
- Buying apartment later than we expected this year…less tax benefit for 2007…will I owe for 2007? More things for the accountant.
- Where the hell is our laundry? We took a full bag in and only got sheets and towels back. I hate having to send out laundry – now my clothes are in the land of the lost. Need to call Trafalgar.
- Flying back from England in week 34 of pregnancy. Good idea or too risky? May need to change plans. American Airlines can barely serve food let alone deliver a baby. Need to get travel insurance.
- LP meeting on Monday. Must do presentation.
- In CA all next week…have I booked hotel?
- Three days of email back-up to review.
- Have sold virtually all of our furniture. If/when we move in we need to furnish the place. Somehow still filled a truck with all of our stuff. Will need to unpack but into what? Deal with that later.
- Need to get term sheet in on other deal.
- Need to find marketing expert for independent board seat for one of my companies. Must compile list of targets and contacts.
- Have documents on two deals to review.
- Need to update my to-do list. Normally do this everyday. Have not done it since Monday. Post-it notes everywhere.
And so I got up and came in to work. Feeling better now – especially since I have coffee in me and have gotten the craziness out in this post.
What will I do when I throw a kid into the mix? Need to find nanny. Will think about that later. OK, now on to the list…